[picapp align=”center” wrap=”false” link=”term=Airports&iid=7292983″ src=”http://view1.picapp.com/pictures.photo/image/7292983/close-arrival-departure/close-arrival-departure.jpg?size=500&imageId=7292983″ width=”234″ height=”355″ /]
I am not able to understand the strange desire of some organizations to have press coverages or to have press releases when they do not have anything new to say, or when what they have to say is sooooooooo obvious, to say the least!
You want an example; here is one. Freshly coming from GACA (General Authority of Civil Aviation). In this weird press coverage, I failed to come up with any significant new information or any details of useful rules that will make my life easier as a customer of this governmental organization.
Let’s have some highlights:
- ‘We aim to ensure passenger safety through the implementation of several safety procedures.’
- Daaah!! Should we become impressed or something? This is one of your main goals, isn’t?
- He added that passengers often become angry due to flight delays and cancellations during the summer, but this is because they fail to understand that flight activity increases during the summer and that there can be issues with the climate.
- And this is the worst of them all. We, the customers, fail to understand that flights usually increase during the summer!!! So it is not that travelers via Saudi airports usually suffer from poor services and lack of organization, we are the one who fail to understand!!!
- “We are cooperating with aviation companies to arrange a limited number of scheduled flights. We will schedule the number of daily flights in each airport. We define the number of flights according to an airport’s lounges, paths and runaways … Our domestic and international airports are equipped with the latest equipment that allows planes to land from very high altitudes and when the vision is poor,” he added.
- Yeah … Ok … What are you trying to say??? I did not get it?
- In order to deal with any potential challenges caused by changes in the weather, GACA has signed an agreement with the Presidency of Meteorology and Environment that would see the two bodies collaborating with each other.
- Please tell me that this is not a NEW agreement!! Haven’t you been dealing with PME before? and you’re just starting now!
This is only a classical example of a PR activity that does not add any value to the organization, actually, it might hurt it. Stating the obvious is not a goal of PR, and insulting customer is certainly not a PR acceptable technique!!!